Sunday, October 08, 2006

Shot

So, I took a shot at one of the dime tourneys that the Degenerate Cub Scouts play so much of, and of course missed badly. I played my 3/5 off aggressively when three trash diamonds (including the 5) flopped. I went all in, a person I identified as a weak player called me (I had him covered by 250) everyone else folds, and his As/7d makes it when a diamond hits on the turn. (Another diamond hits on the river, giving the board a flush, but alas, his diamond was better than the lowest on the board, so no chop.)

Out soon after. So I did in fact "waste" the ten cents graciously given to me by the Evil Denmother.

But that's not really the shot I was talking about, and I will get back to unexpected kindness from strangers.

More after the fold, but first:

Bankroll status: 3.1M PSD (Woo Hoo!)First off, please understand that PhantomWife has a black belt in a particularly violent martial art. (And no, I am not making this up). And last night, as the denoument to two weeks of self-administered nightly subcutaneous shots of feminine hormones (meaning she's been in a perpetual mood of late) I have to take a frickin 2 inch hypodermic needle and stick it in her butt.

I insisted she lie face down for this. I would have insisted on handcuffs too but the cat pissed on our toys a while back and we haven't replaced them yet.

We had tried earlier in the day to dry run this, because I've never delivered an intramuscular injection. (I worked in a vets office one summer long ago and in a countrified state a long way away, so I have given subcutes to cats and dogs.) But every time I went to step two, which was to pinch a hunk of skin on her butt prior to inserting the phantom needle, she'd start giggling, twitch away, and say it felt like I was trying to grab her ass.

So I was really looking forward to the real deal.

But when the time came, it went beautifully. We iced the spot down for two minutes before-hand, I told her what I was doing as I did it, pushed the needle in fast and smooth, pulled up on the plunger without drawing blood (if that had happened we would have had to switch needles and done the other cheek), injected the meds, pulled the needle straight out, and afterwards we couldn't even find the site. (Part of that was the needle went in inside one of her tattoes, but still....)

She insisted for a couple of minutes that I hadn't really done it because she felt nothing, but after a while her ass started throbbing, for which I am heartily grateful.

Tomorrow she goes in to have her eggs harvested, and I go to get a TESE performed.

And this is how the Mutt learned to sing soprano.

As to the kindness of strangers, one of the Degenerate Cubscouts transferred a dollar into my PokerStars account so I could join them in more of the dime tournaments. NoStaticAtAll (very strong, tight player) said he won't miss a buck, and with Frist's Folly coming into effect getting money into PokerStars is a pain.

Don't really know what to say, except thanks. And that I'll do my best to turn this dollar into a real bankroll, and return the kindness to someone else some day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home