Thursday, October 26, 2006

Luckbox

That was my role at Dawn's home game last night. Not so much my way-too-late play Tuesday evening.

No way I can top Dawn's write-up, but I do want to note that I was even luckier than was apparent in her post. I mean, I got so many boats last night I could have opened a marina. In addition to being Dawn's nemesis du jour, I sucked out on F-Train's nut flush by catching a runner-runner post-flop pair, elevating my flopped trips into a winning full house.

So when my signature quad magnet skills turned Brian's pocket Threes into pocket Kings-killing quads to lighten me by ~$28, it was simply the universe correcting the karmic balance a bit.

About Tuesday night: Bad cards, combined with bad play, combined with a conviction that my luck was going to change produced a pretty significant draw-down on both fake and real bankrolls. The fake I don't care so much about. The real loss upsets me, because I knew my Inner Donkey (whom I shall now name Dutch) was pissing away real dollars, and I just let him do it. Bad Dutch!

Time to start channeling my Inner Dan Harrington, I think.

Bankroll status: 3.55M PSD, 47.45 USD (Please note: "USD" refers only to online holding. I have to consider whether to keep a separate "kitty" to hold real-world money. Probably a good idea for the future.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

phantommut: i haven't written a post in a few days
phantommut: i have embarrasing things to write about myself
phantommut: otoh, i get to write about stacking gomez as soon as he sat down here
phantommut: of course, lately i've not been playing ANY good poker
write about hitting 3 7's lucky, oh and write about calling all in without an A and coming in last-donking off over half the chips with a j-k with 3 other players in the pot.That will take the sting off..lol As always Sir good luck!

1:13 AM  
Blogger PhantomMut said...

Thank you gomez.

As always, look me up any time. If you're lucky, you'll get to feast on another fish who sucks out on me some time.

Otherwise, I'll keep taking your chips.

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm you said hitting draws doesn't make me a "playa" phantommut: calls 3800
im lady luck: calls 3800
ArroyoSlim: calls 800
*** FLOP *** [Kh 9c 8h]
jlhanzal said, "your call"
phantommut: checks
im lady luck: bets 1000
ArroyoSlim: raises 6600 to 7600
phantommut: calls 7600
im lady luck: calls 6600
*** TURN *** [Kh 9c 8h] [7c]
phantommut: bets 11600 and is all-in
im lady luck: calls 11600
ArroyoSlim: calls 11600
*** RIVER *** [Kh 9c 8h 7c] [4s]
im lady luck: checks
ArroyoSlim: bets 31100 and is all-in
im lady luck: calls 14200 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ArroyoSlim: shows [Ah Kd] (a pair of Kings)
im lady luck: shows [Ad Ks] (a pair of Kings)
im lady luck collected 14200 from side pot-2
ArroyoSlim collected 14200 from side pot-2
phantommut: shows [Ts Jc] (a straight, Seven to Jack)
phantommut collected 57600 from side pot.....Please keep telling me how you are taking my chips...lol.
Your memory is a swiss cheese. Your analytical skills are weak. And if I may, any of your responses to me lack logic and clarity. "If you're lucky, you'll get to feast on another fish who sucks out on me some time." To wit...very accurate nonsense! Lol well at least you are good for the humor. Good luck Eeyore!

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HahnDog: calls 2200
*** RIVER *** [2c 9d 7h As] [5c]
HahnDog: checks
ArroyoSlim: bets 3800
jiglyboobs: calls 3800
phantommut: raises 8200 to 12000
jiglyboobs: calls 8200
*** SHOW DOWN ***
phantommut: shows [6c 8c] (a straight, Five to Nine) Go read your posts about draws "playa" or is this agression skill here? Maybe you are learning something! Lol GL Eeyore!

1:58 AM  
Blogger PhantomMut said...

A stalker, I love it.

Listen, in deference to a certain very nice lady, I've agreed to stop taunting you every time I see you at the tables. I reserve the right to taunt you when you drop comments on my blog, however.

Continuing, I don't really see what point you're trying to make showing the history of those last two hands. Looks like I made some money on them. One might even conclude I played well.

My problem with you and draws is you get angry when you semi-bluff (all-in on a draw, say) get called, miss your draw, and lose a big pot to bottom two pair. (At least, that's what I remember as being the hand that put you permanently on my list. I'll admit I don't write down every hand, and my memory is far from photographic. But thanks for the "accurate nonsense" jibe. Puts me one-up, I think....)

If you think I'm an idiot for calling your bluffs, that's your perogative. My perogative is to call you when I think you're bluffing and see what happens. Same works in reverse, of course.

A later post will discuss when I do get angry. Hell, I'm even planning on including what I consider "how to beat the mut" info, because one of the reasons to keep this journal is to track the evolution in my thinking about poker.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home