Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dime

Quick status update, and a few notes:

  • The Dime tourneys at PokerStars are like crack.
  • In one of said Dime/Crack tourneys:
    • Holding pocket 10s, stack size at roughly 4000, blinds at 50/100, in early position, I open betting with 400.
    • Folds around to a late position caller with something like 2200 in chips, who calls.
    • blinds fold.
    • Flop is QQ2 rainbow.
    • I go all in.
    • Insta-call -- Mut has just bet into trip Queens, Ace kicker!
    • ...which evolves into Queens full of Aces!

      I still don't know whether my play was awesome but unlucky or simply stupid. (Numbers may be wildly innacurate, but ratios are correct.)

  • After that, my tourney life was exciting and brief.
  • $.01/.02 cash tables are tight.
  • $.01/.02 cash players are either weak fish, or absolute sharks.
  • If it isn't clear by now, I prefer the $.05/.10 tables.
  • It's good to take a bad beat from a fish sitting directly to your right. Call his crap with good cards, and benefit from the entire table trying to cash in.
  • Quads still stalk me; Les Deux Orangs dropped quads on my boat last night, and another player hit them in a hand I got away from on the turn.
  • Oh, and I had a hand in an early PSD session where my 7c 9c turned into a straight flush on the flop, and I earned bubkus. Played it as slow as I could, and the designated donator still folded on the river -- only won about 4000 with it.

Bankroll status: 3.94M PSD, 50.75 USD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home